Calculating percentages; Solving equations & how long problems
This Webpage is meant to assist disadvantaged students in special education programs & special education with special needs and college students who need help with algebra strategies in order to successfully answer algebra questions. Below are strategies to popular algebra questions that they can work on or refer to in order to do their algebra homework or answer algebra problems on their algebra worksheets. These include: Calculating percentages; solving how many & how much questions; solving equations & how long problems.
These algebra questions below also have answers to the algebra questions when you click on each link. Here are a list of the most popular and most common answers to algebra questions that can be found in many algebra homework and algebra exams. The answers to algebra questions are explained in steps and the answers to algebra questions are easily understood. Below are questions, calculations, and answers for calculating percentages; solving how many & how much questions; solving equations & how long problems.
- 1) If john can type a page in p minutes, how many pieces of paper can he type in 5 minutes?
- 2) If Anne can paint a room in 4 hours and Peter can do the same in 6 hours, how long will it take both of them working together?
- 3) Employees receive 20% off the lowest price of an item. If an employee buys a dryer during a 15% sale, how much will he pay for a dryer that originally cost $450?
- 4) The sales price of a car is $12,590, which is 20% of original price, what is the original price?
- 5) Solve for x: 2x/3 = 8 + 4x
- 6) Tim is 6 years older than Ron, and Don is 5 years older than Tim, and their total age is 41. How old is Ron?
- 7) How mush will Fred receive if he invests $4,000 at 6% simple interest for 5 years?
- 8) Jane sold a table for $670 which was 35% profit over the cost. How much was the original cost of the table?
- 9) Paul worked from 8:15 AM to 10:30 PM. If Paul gets $10 an hour for 8 hours of work and a time and 1/2 over 8 hours in a day, how much will Paul make?
- 10) Uyi worked 22 hours and made $132. If she works 15 hours next week, how much will she make at the same rate?
- 11) A 20% discount saves Pat $45 for a chair. How much did he pay for the chair?
- 12) Ehi pays $1,100 in taxes for a van, what is the value of the van if the tax rate is 8.9%?
- 13) How many years will it take Henry to invest $3,000 at 7% to make $210 in simple interest?
- 14) 35% of what number is 70?
- 15) What is 5% of 2000
- 16) What percent of 90 is 27?
- 17) Love make $15.50 an hour and she is expected to get a raise of 75 cents an hour. What will her hourly percent increase be?
- 18) If 45 is 120% of a number, what is 80% of that number?
- 19) A TV is on sale for $1,600, which is a discount of 20%, what is the regular price?
- 20) In a company party, 1/2 of the attendees are employees, 1/3 are their spouses. What percentage are neither employees or spouses?